The potato is one of the most misunderstood foods on the planet. Its demonized and loved equally. It’s nutrient dense, cheap and flexible. Potatoes are a staple in the Plant Candy kitchen and tonight as we try and figure out what to eat, we decided to use the potato and make a fan favorite, fries.
- 4 potatoes
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 450°. Prep cookie sheet with nonstick foil. Set aside.
- Wash and cut potatoes into strips and put them on the cookie sheet.
- Add seasoning to the potatoes and toss.
- Bake for 30 mins or until fries are lightly brown and crisp.
- If desired, toss fries for even browning.
- Serve with ketchup or your favorite dipping sauce.
Served with a little ketchup seasoned with curry powder.