Tomatoes and late night snacking defiantly make the “Things We Love” list. So this recipe brings both loves together. Enjoy!
- 1 beefsteak tomato sliced
- 2 pieces of hearty whole grain bread of choice
- 1 small sliced onion
- 4 basil leaf cut into ribbons
- a drizzle of white balsamic vinegar
- granulated garlic and fresh pepper to finish
- Add bread to toaster.
- While bread is in toaster, thickly slice tomatoes, slice onions thinnly and basil ribbons. You can create ribbons by rolling the basil and slicing it.
- Once toast is done, top it with tomato, sprinkle garlic powder and pepper. Then add onions, then basil and drizzle with vinegar. Repeat
This can also be enjoyed as a closed sandwich.