One of our team members whipped up this dish at the Plant Candy Gathering photoshoot. I don’t know about you but I love tomatoes and marina sauce is my favorite part of any pasta dish – that and basil – but I didn’t miss it at all. The leftover items were used to create this simple yet delicious plate of food and introduced an unexpected ingredient.
- 1 box linguine
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 half red pepper
- 1 half green pepper
- 6 cloves of sliced garlic
- pinch of salt
- grated fresh ginger (about 2 tbsp)
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- Bring water to a boil with a pinch of salt, if desired, and add the full box of pasta.
- Break broccoli into pieces, slice garlic and peppers.
- In a large saute pan, add sliced garlic after the pan has heated for 1-2 mins. You should hear a sizzle. Allow garlic to cook for 1-2 mins.
- Add peppers and cook for 5 mins, then add broccoli and cook an additional 5-7 mins.
- You want the pepper to be pliable but not completely soft and the broccoli to still have a bit. Add salt and pepper to taste. Turn off heat.
- Drain pasta and mix it into the pan with the vegetables. Use tongs to mix pasta and veggies together.
- Grate fresh ginger into the pan and mix.
- Plate and enjoy!
Variation Alert: The broccoli in this dish can be exchanged for roasted brussel sprouts and the green peppers for onions.